The Comparative Tracking Index Tester is designed to determine the resistance to tracking in insulating parts supporting live parts used for electrical accessories such as MCBs, switches, sockets, plugs
• Built in electrolyte container with pump,
producing drops of 20 + 3 mm3 volume at
precise interval of 30 seconds. The drop
falling height is adjustable to 35 mm.
• Priming facility for the pump to enable
removal of initial electrolyte having higher
• Fully automatic unit with minimum of
controls & adjustments.
• Micro-controller based timer control unit
used to set the timings and to control the
sequence of operations.
• Preset load on the electrodes with a force
of 1.0 N each.
• Short circuit release – 0.5 A for 2 sec;
Short circuit current limited to 1 A.
• Electrode Voltage Settings – 0 to 230V, 0
to 350V, 0 to 450V, 0 to 550V, 0 to 650V
• Current limiting resistances automatically
selected with test voltage.
• Adjustable platform with glass top for
Placing the sample.
• Clear acrylic front cover for safety and a draught free surrounding.
• Cover open interlock switch for safety.
• Exhaust fans for removal of fumes.
1. Test Voltage – 100 to 600V AC, adjustable (Option = 1200V AC)
2. Short Circuit current- 1 A
3. Trip Current 0.5 A, Adjustable
4. Voltage Indication – 1/ 8 DIN, 3 Digit Voltmeter, 0 to 750 V
5. Dropping Unit : Automatic by special positive displacement pump
6. Dropping Interval: 30 +/-, Seconds
7. Drop Volume20, (-0/=5) MM Cube
8. Drop number indication : Preset digital Counter, 0 to 999 drops.
9. Dropping Height : Err:510
10. Electrolyte 0.1% Nh4CL (Ammonium Chloride) in distilled water
11. Load on each electrode : 1.0 Newton
12. Electrode: Brass (Option = Platinum)
13. Max. Fuse Rating : 3A Rapid, 20*5 mm Glass Cartridges
14. Weight : 22Kgs. Approx. (total)
15. Dimensions (W*H*D) = 450mm*280mm*400mm Electrical Control Panel. 450mm*235mm*200mm, Test Chamber
16. Input Voltage Specification : 230V /110V/ 100V ; 50 Hz, 60 Hz – As per Customer’s Specification
The Comparative Tracking Index Tester is designed to determine the resistance to tracking in insulating parts supporting live parts used for electrical accessories such as MCBs, switches, sockets, plugs, starter holders, connectors etc. with regard to their susceptibility to surface tracking when exposed, under electric stress, to water and other environmental contaminants like Ammonium Chloride as per IEC 60112 2003-01. This test is also referred in many other standards such as IS 2824 – 1975, IEC 60335, etc.